Skip to content

Cycling Day 7

Performed another ammonia test and the results looked like this:

The picture doesn't do it much justice, but it looks a bit darker than 0.50 ppm. I'd say that the ammonia concentration is rising a bit.

I also performed a nitrite test but the result was still zero. So, we have to keep waiting.

Keeping Track

In the meantime, I created a spreadsheet to track the test results. Although there are several apps to do this, it's fine to start with something simple. Once the data gets more interesting, we'll create some graphs from it.

Note that for today, I recorded the result as 0.75 ppm since it looked like something between 0.50 and 1.00.

In addition to that, instead of recording zeros for the days we didn't test, I used a dash in the data. It's important to make the distinction between performing a test with a result of zero and not performing a test: in reality, we have no idea what the values are for those days.

Day Ammonia Nitrite Nitrate
1 0 0 0
3 0.5 - -
5 0.5 - -
7 0.75 0 -

Let's wait another 2 days. Patience is the key.